So Thanksgiving is over, but my mini vacation wasn’t. As much as I could, I tried to plan my meals to match up with what the rest of the family. That way I don’t end up salivating over all their great smelling food, instead I can enjoy my own kosher versions :).
Well anyway, motzei Shabbos was Taco night. As my sister fried up some ground beef and prepared all sorts of yummy toppings for my extended family of 19?20? I kind of lost count. I snagged a couple of taco shells (before anyone else could get to the box), an avocado and checked some fresh romaine lettuce. I pulled my crock pot back out and made myself some SUPER AWESOME tacos…Afterwards my only regret was that I hadn’t snagged more taco shells…
- Leftover Thanksgiving poultry, shredded or cut up small
- 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa- I went with a medium heat level
- Juice of 1 lime
- Taco Shells
- Romaine lettuce
- Tomato? Faux sour cream? Guacamole? Non-dairy cheese? Whatever else you like to put on your tacos…
- Shred your leftover turkey, chicken, cornish game hens, whatever, in to your crock pot. Add the salsa and mix well. Heat on high heat for about 30-40 minutes, until it has warmed up.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime on the heated poultry and mix well.
- Wash and cut/prepare any taco toppings
- Assemble your tacos…
Its as easy as that, and let me tell you, this thing was SOOO FLAVORFUL! Good thing I have more left over chicky…I get to have these tacos again tomorrow!