So I’m crazy. Like, really crazy. On top of my full time job, and all sorts of other commitments, I’m also planning a really outrageous menu for Thanksgiving vacation. This year we’re going to a cabin in Ohio with my father’s side of the family. This means that not only am I preparing for my Thanksgiving dinner, but also for all the meals, snacks, and food gifts for all 5 days of our mini break.
So here is the crazy menu I’m planning… As I add the recipes I’ll link them back up so you can be crazy like me … or you know, choose in moderation 🙂
Wednesday: 6 Hour Car Ride & Dinner with the family
- Jar salad, veggies for snacking, brownies for snacking? (thats a thing, right?)
- Double wrapped, oven only, veggie lasagna
Thursday: The BIG Day
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake – in the end I didn’t bring it but the recipe is still good 🙂
- Salad with honey mustard dressing (because, you gotta have something healthy!)
- Cornish Game Hen roasted in the Crock Pot with pre-cooked sautee’d brussel sprouts & roasted sweet potatoes with homemade cranberry sauce on the side
- Sunflower Bakery Brownies
Friday: Erev Shabbos
- Aunt Jill’s Cinnamon Rolls in the CROCK POT (Seriously AMAZING!!!!!!)- I prepared all the dry ingredients in one ziplock so all I had to do was add the wet ingredients and roll them out!
- Fancy cheese, wine, jam & crackers
- Challah, olive dip, pesto, lox, curry chicken soup (from the freezer because, somethings just have to be easy and that soup is seriously just that amazing)
- Leftover cinnamon rolls
- Salad, meatloaf (from the freezer, because, again, some things just have to be easy), dips, lox etc
- Motzei Shabbos TACOS
- Motzei Shabbos… smores – this time with regular paskesz marshmallows because Trader Joe’s no longer has the kosher ones from this summer! 😦
Sunday: The car ride home
- Jar salad?
So on top of all this… my family does food gifts for channukah and this year I’ve decided to candied pecans & toasted coconut chocolate bark as well as some supper great foodie Shay’s Caramels…