When I am with family, especially for a food centered gathering like Thanksgiving, I always try to bring a few foods that I can share with everyone else. This cake is one of my FAVORITES. Also… just so you know, Coffee cake is a cake eaten with coffee, NOT necessarily a cake made with coffee…
- 8 TBSP butter (or earth balance)- room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8th tsp salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 TBSP butter (or earth balance)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Cream the butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Slowly mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon until well combined.
- Pour half the cake batter in a baking pan then sprinkle with half the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Spoon the remaining cake batter on top of the cinnamon sugar layer then finish it off by sprinkling more of the cinnamon sugar layer on top.
- Bake at 350*F for 35-40 minutes until cooked through.
This one is on my to do list for tomorrow night so I’ll post the picture then 🙂